Karat® by Lollicup™ headquartered in Chino, CA, is the manufacturer of Karat® & Karat Earth® food disposable packaging and TeaZone® beverage products, the master distributor of other leading brands’ coffee & tea ingredients (such as Da Vinci, Big Train, Monin etc), and we also specializes in custom print and innovative packaging. We have been recognized for our thermoforming plastic capabilities in North America to produce cups and food packaging products that allow us to offer competitive pricing throughout our distribution network (currently 5 regional warehouses are located in CA, TX, SC,WA and NJ), and services to chain accounts such as Panda Express, Chili’s, TGI Friday, Flame Broiler, Torchy’s Taco, The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf, and more.
Corporate Website: https://karatpackaging.com/
We’re looking for a proven leader who’s eager to grow in a new start-up plant managing a Paper Manufacturing Department of about 140 people when full in place through a Supervisor and Process Engineer. As a hands-on Paper Converting Manager you’ll get the opportunity to grow the department to achieve production results improving and establishing safety, quality and department standards.
- Monitor and manage the planned work assignments and personnel for Paper department.
- Monitor and manage the tool changes according the customer orders.
- Develop department Key Performance Indicators, strategies to accomplish factory goals.
- Implement cost saving activities on new raw materials, or value engineering projects
- Develop and grow department skills and allocate labor strategically where necessary
- Develop projects to improve machine efficiencies maximizing production rates.
- Interact with Maintenance department to keep machine under control
- Develop projects to reduce headcounts vs. automation in the operations
- Develop future leaders in the organization
- Lead project management initiatives in the department.
Job Skills & Qualifications:
- Continuous Improvement and Lean Manufacturing experience.
- Paper Converters Packaging experience,
- Paper Cups, Die Cutting and punching is a strong plus.
- Project Management experience
- Mechanical / Industrial / Papermaking Engineering background
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Manufacturing/Operations) with emphasis in Paper/ Board Food packaging or proven long experience / knowledge in the industry.
- At least 5 years experience managing production department(s) and / or Mechanic Process experience
- Strong management and leadership skills
- Good communication skills
- Good Planning skills
- Good troubleshooting skills and methodical approach Demonstrated success in process improvements.
Reports to the Plant Manager and work in close contact with Production Dept. Mgrs. Supervisors, Maintenance Manager, Quality Manager, Safety Manager.
Job Type: Full-time